美國蒙特雷國際研究生院(Monterey Institute of International Studies)是美國翻譯及傳譯專業No.1的學校,以下十條便是蒙特雷校方給翻譯專業新生的建議。有志于走上翻譯道路的同學們,來看看如何成為一個優秀的譯員吧。
Read extensively, especially in your non-native language(s).
多讀書,尤其要讀外語作品。
Watch the TV news and listen to radio news and podcasts on current events in all workinglanguages.
多關注電視和廣播里的各語種時事報導。
Strengthen your general knowledge of economics, history, the law, international politics, and scientific concepts and principles (in that order).
加強你在經濟、歷史、法律、國際政治和科學方面的知識,了解一些基本的概念和原理。
Live in a country where your non-native language is spoken.
在通用語言是你所學外語的國家住上一段時間。
Fine-tune your writing and research skills.
提升你的寫作和研究技能。
Improve your public speaking skills.
提升你的公共演講技能。
Hone your analytical skills.
磨練你的分析技能。
Become computer savvy.
通曉電腦。
Learn how to take care of yourself.
學會照顧自己。
Be prepared for lifelong learning.
活到老,學到老。
上一篇:財經新聞翻譯介紹
下一篇:機器翻譯與人工翻譯之爭